The City Bureau of Youth Services' Comprehensive Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (CAPP) program is a collaboration of community service agencies working together to reduce teen pregnancies and reduce STD/HIV rates among youth within the city of Rochester.
- Evidence Based Programming
- Certified health educators facilitate comprehensive, age appropriate, evidence based and medically accurate sexuality education for youth ages 11-21 to reduce the initial onset of sexual activity and reduce risky sexual behavior among youth. Programming offered at RSCD and community agencies. See this program's curriculum
- Parenting Education
- The Family Talk series offered through Crestwood Family Resource Center helps parents, grandparents, and other adults communicate with youth about difficult topics such sexual health, healthy relationships, STIs, HIV and substance use. See the Family Talk flyer
- Positive Youth Development Programming
- Offering youth a variety of positive youth development opportunities including job readiness workshops, financial literacy education, healthy relationship workshops, youth friendly special events and youth leadership opportunities.
- SOAR Youth Leadership Team: Be part of a team of youth who will work to make real change in Rochester!The SOAR Youth Leadership Team will work to reduce the rates of STIs and HIV/AIDS and unplanned pregnancies among youth in the City of Rochester. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to build leadership skills, help plan teen events, go through trainings, advise adult committees, advocate for youth rights and services and have FUN! Download Application here.
- Benefits of being part of the SOAR Youth Leadership Team are many:
- Leadership skill development
- Service learning/community service opportunities
- Event planning opportunities
- Community advocacy
- Resume builder
- Community Outreach: CAPP staff conducts community outreach to increase youth’s knowledge of available reproductive health services in the City of Rochester such as Highland Family Planning. The collaborative also works to break down barriers youth have to accessing reproductive health services.
CAPP Partner Agencies
Youth Sexual Health Resources
Teen Friendly Clinics
- Highland Family Medicine
- Location 1
777 South Clinton Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620
Hours: 12:30 pm - 7 pm, Monday & Wednesday
(RTS Bus Route 11, South Clinton Avenue) or
- Location 2
809 East Ridge Road, Rochester, NY 14621
Hours: 9 am - 4:15 pm, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
(RTS Bus Route 4, East Ridge Road)
- Planned Parenthood-Rochester Center
114 University Avenue
Rochester, NY 14605
- Threshold Health Center
145 Parsells Avenue
City Bureau of Youth Services at (585) 428-6816.