The Westfield Street Reconstruction project will include the reconstruction of Westfield Street from Brooks Avenue to Chili Avenue. Additionally, Penhurst Street between Westfield Street and Genesee Park Boulevard will have curbs and sidewalks replaced. Construction of the City’s project is anticipated to start in the spring of 2011.
Check out a map of the project site.
This project was put on hold a few years back in order to allow for utilities to come in and make improvements to their property (sewers, gas lines, etc) first. Those agencies needed a chance to build up funds to complete their work, and the City waited to begin construction so that the street would not be disrupted multiple times.
Utility work phase
Prior to the start of the City’s reconstruction curb replacement project there is substantial utility and other agency work that will be underway during the fall of 2010 and the early spring of 2011. Monroe County Pure Waters is replacing most of the sewer main between Rosalind Street and Chili Avenue. RG&E is replacing the gas main between Brooks Avenue and Roxborough Road, and most of the existing underground electric between Penhurst Street and Chili Avenue.
Street work phase: Westfield Street
- Replacement of any lead or galvanized water services from the water main to the curb stop valves.
- Installation of a cathodic protection system on both water mains.
- Relocation or replacement of several hydrants.
- Replacement of old style catch basins with larger “pre-cast” style catch basins, Adjust existing “pre-cast” style basins.
- Reconstruction of pavement, including:
- new curbs,
- pavement, and
- speed humps for traffic calming.
- Replacement of most of the existing sidewalk and all driveway aprons within the limits of the project, topsoil and seeding of disturbed areas.
Street work phase: Penhurst Street
- Replacement of all water services from the main to the curb stop valve
- Installation of a cathodic protection system on the water main
- Replacement of old style catch basins with larger “pre-cast” style catch basins, adjustment of existing “pre-cast” style basins
- Installation of new curbs and under-drain
- Replacement of most of the existing sidewalk and all driveway aprons within the limits of the project
- Topsoil and seeding of disturbed areas
Miss the public meeting? Want to see design plans? Check out the documents below:
Do you have questions about the project? Contact the City's project manager, Mr. Frank Bonn, at (585) 428-8257, or email him.