In July of 2011 the City of Rochester began using new computer systems for purchasing and accounts payable. These new systems will bring efficiencies which will benefit both vendors and the City. However, vendors need to be aware of the following changes to avoid disruption and delays in payment.
Changes to Purchasing Procedures
- Vendors may choose to receive their purchase orders by FAX or email.
- Changes to address and other vendor information, such as a preference for FAX or email purchase orders, should be emailed directly to the Bureau of Purchasing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to Accounts Payable Procedures
Billing the City
- City of Rochester Claim Vouchers are no longer required, nor are signatures.
- Be sure to include the City purchase order or contract numbers on all invoices and packing slips.
- Please provide a unique invoice number on your invoice that will enable the City to respond to your inquires about the payment status of specific billings.
Invoices should be sent directly to:
|City of Rochester
P.O. Box 14500
Rochester, NY 14614-0500
Note: Some vendors, such as those with public works contracts and certain professional services agreements, have been instructed to send invoices directly to City departments and should continue to do so. If in doubt, please get in touch with your City department contact.
Vendors can enjoy the benefit of electronic payment from the City of Rochester though Paymode-X, a free direct deposit service provided through the Bank of America (BOA). You do not need to open an account with BOA to use this service. Paymode-X processing provides complete invoice reference information with payments. The BOA will notify the City when you have registered.
To find out more information and to enroll please go to: www.paymode-x.com/join-today.aspx
Additional information may be requested by emailing email@example.com