Planning and Zoning
City Hall – Room 125-B
Rochester, New York 14614
Telephone (585) 428-6536
About the board
The Elevator Examining Board is established by and shall have the powers and duties as set forth in § 12-42 of the Charter of the City of Rochester. The responsibilities of the Board are as follows:
- Aughorize the issuance of licenses
- Investigate charges preferred against a license holder
- Revoke, cancel or suspend a license for just cause
- File, in the office of the Commmissioner in the Department of Neighborhood and Business Development, records of every person to whom a license is issued and the date of issue thereof
Elevator Licensing Information
Members are appointed by the Mayor and subject to confirmation by City Council.
Elevator Board Mambership Requirements and Length of Term
This nine (9) member Board consists of:
- 1 commercially oriented architect registered in the State of New York
- 3 members of the elevator industry
- 1 from a liability insurance company
- 1 from the local elevator construction union
- 1 licensed elevator inspector
- 2 owners of buildings with elevators
Members shall be Monroe County Residents and shall serve a three (3) year term with no limit to the number of terms.
If you are interested in applying for apposition on the board, please contact Alinda Drury in the Mayor’s Office at (585) 428-6104 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Board Members
|Glenn Goodlein, Chair
|Dean LaDelfa, Vice Chair
|Alan Rothfuss, Jr.
Meeting Schedule*, Exam Dates, Application Deadlines
|January - No Meeting
||January 31, 2013
||December 14, 2012
|March 21, 2013
|June 20, 2013
||July 25, 2013
||June 14, 2013
|September 19, 2013
|December 19, 2013
||January 30, 2014
||December 13, 2013
*Meeting are not open to the public. However, if you wish to appear before the Board please contact the Licensed Trades Office at (585) 428-9339.