Planning and Zoning
City Hall – Room 121B
Rochester, New York 14614
Telephone (585) 428-9339
About the board
The Elevator Examining Board is established by and shall have the powers and duties as set forth in § 12-42 of the Charter of the City of Rochester. The responsibilities of the Board are as follows:
- Authorize the issuance of licenses
- Investigate charges preferred against a license holder
- Revoke, cancel or suspend a license for just cause
- File, in the office of the Commissioner in the Department of Neighborhood and Business Development, records of every person to whom a license is issued and the date of issue thereof
Elevator Licensing Information
Members are appointed by the Mayor and subject to confirmation by City Council.
Elevator Board Membership Requirements and Length of Term
This nine (9) member Board consists of:
- 1 commercially oriented architect registered in the State of New York
- 3 members of the elevator industry
- 1 from a liability insurance company
- 1 from the local elevator construction union
- 1 licensed elevator inspector
- 2 owners of buildings with elevators
Members shall be Monroe County Residents and shall serve a three (3) year term with no limit to the number of terms.
If you are interested in applying for a position on the board, please contact the Mayor’s Office at (585) 428-6140.
Current Board Members
|Glenn Goodlein, Chair
|Dean LaDelfa, Vice Chair
|Alan Rothfuss, Jr.
2017 Meeting Schedule*, Exam Dates, Application Deadlines
The 2017 Meeting Schedule can be accessed here.
*Meetings are not open to the public. However, if you wish to appear before the Board, please contact Lisa Teuchert at (585) 428-6982.