Planning and Zoning
City Hall – Room 121B
Rochester, New York 14614
Telephone (585) 428-9339
About the board
The Elevator Examining Board is established by and shall have the powers and duties as set forth in § 12-42 of the Charter of the City of Rochester. The responsibilities of the Board are as follows:
- Aughorize the issuance of licenses
- Investigate charges preferred against a license holder
- Revoke, cancel or suspend a license for just cause
- File, in the office of the Commmissioner in the Department of Neighborhood and Business Development, records of every person to whom a license is issued and the date of issue thereof
Elevator Licensing Information
Members are appointed by the Mayor and subject to confirmation by City Council.
Elevator Board Mambership Requirements and Length of Term
This nine (9) member Board consists of:
- 1 commercially oriented architect registered in the State of New York
- 3 members of the elevator industry
- 1 from a liability insurance company
- 1 from the local elevator construction union
- 1 licensed elevator inspector
- 2 owners of buildings with elevators
Members shall be Monroe County Residents and shall serve a three (3) year term with no limit to the number of terms.
If you are interested in applying for apposition on the board, please contact Alinda Drury in the Mayor’s Office at (585) 428-6104 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Board Members
|Glenn Goodlein, Chair
|Dean LaDelfa, Vice Chair
|Alan Rothfuss, Jr.
Meeting Schedule*, Exam Dates, Application Deadlines
|January - No Meeting
||January 30, 2014
||December 13, 2013
|March 20, 2014
|June 19, 2014
||July 24, 2014
||June 13, 2014
|September 18, 2014
|December 18, 2014
||January 29, 2015
||December 12, 2014
*Meeting are not open to the public. However, if you wish to appear before the Board please contact the Licensed Trades Office at (585) 428-9339.