Solve your family's mysteries with weekly workshops and discussions with experienced genealogists. These programs will be held in the Local History & Genealogy Division, 2nd floor of the Rundel Memorial Building, 115 South Ave., Rochester, NY.
Programs run from 1:15 to 1:45 p.m. on Sundays in April 2014. The final Family Detectives Club for this season will be held on May 4, 2014
- April 6 - The Name is Not Always the Same
- There were so many reasons for our ancestors' name changes. We'll explore why spelling inconsistencies, accents, social acceptance and handwriting errors sometimes changed names.
- April 13 - Save Me! - Guest Speaker: Cheri Crist
- In the attic or under the bed, learn how-to's for storing your precious family records as we share tips for assuring your photos and documents are safely stored for future generations.
- April 20 - Easter - Library Closed
- April 27 - Rochester Medical Museum & Archives - Guest Speaker: Kathleen Britton
- Recently moved to their new digs in the Rochester Academy of Medicine building on East Avenue, the museum houses historic resources and archival collections dating back to the mid-1800s. Join us to learn what is new and old.
May 4 - Grand Finale
- This is the last Sunday that the Central Library will be open until October 2014, so don't miss this final opportunity to join us, pick up all the handouts from the season and some tips to get you through your summer of research.
Call (585) 428-8370 for more information. Free parking for library patrons in the Court Street garage on Sundays! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr and check out the Local History Blog.