City of Rochester
(Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013) – The annual MVP Health Care Rochester Marathon will take place this Sunday, Sept. 22, causing temporary street closings. The race begins at 7:30 a.m. on the Andrews Street Bridge Downtown and ends at Morrie Silver Way outside Frontier Field.
The following streets in the city will be closed until the final runner leaves the area. These streets will re-open as soon as possible after that time.
- Andrews Street – CLOSED – between State Street and N. Chestnut Street
- Front Street – CLOSED
- N. Water Street – CLOSED
- Carthage Alley – CLOSED
- St. Paul Street – CLOSED – between Inner Loop and Pleasant Street
- Bittner Street – CLOSED
- N. Clinton Avenue – CLOSED – between Pleasant Street and Central Avenue
- Bristol Street – CLOSED
- Evan Street – CLOSED
- Liberty Pole Way – CLOSED
- Franklin Street – CLOSED
- Pleasant Street – CLOSED
- E. Main Street – CLOSED – between N. Clinton Avenue & N. Chestnut Street
- East Avenue – CLOSED – between E. Main Street and Winton Road
- S. Winton Road – CLOSED – between East Avenue and Highland Avenue
- Highland Avenue – CLOSED – between Monroe Avenue & S. Clinton Avenue
- Cobbs Hill Drive – CLOSED
- San Gabriel Drive – CLOSED
- Plymouth Avenue – CLOSED – between Exchange Boulevard & Atkinson Street
- Verona Street – CLOSED – between Brown Street and Morrie Silver Way
- Morrie Silver Way – CLOSED
- Ford Street Bridge – OPEN – westbound only
- Exchange Boulevard – OPEN – northbound only- southbound closed from Court Street to Plymouth Avenue
The MVP Health Care Rochester Marathon is sponsored by the Arthritis Foundation, Upstate New York Chapter. For more information, call the Arthritis Foundation at 264-1480, visit www.rochestermarathon.com or email email@example.com. RTS Riders: for more information, detour routes and Downtown boarding locations, please call 288-1700 or visit www.rgrta.com.
News Media: For more information, contact the City Communications Bureau at 428-7135.