The City is seeking a consultant to provide architecture and engineering services for Rochester Public Library Phases 2 and 3 of the Central Library Master Space Plan.
- Phase 2 – Rejuvenate Rundel: This phase relocates Art, Music and Recreation from Bausch and Lomb second floor to the newly vacated north wing of Rundel’s first floor. It also includes lighting signage and finishes throughout Rundel as illustrated in the report and a new gallery space in Hacker Hall.
- Phase 3 – Transform Teen Center: This phase relocates Teen Central from the lower level of the Bausch and Lomb Building to the north side second floor of Bausch and Lomb vacated by Arts, Music and Recreation.
It is anticipated that the design will commence in October; based on this projection, schedule as follows:
- Program Verification: October 2014 – November 2014
- Schematic Design: December 2014 – February 2015
- Design Development: March 2015 – April 2015
- Contract Documents: May 2015 – July 2015
- Bid and Award: July 2015 – October 2015
- Construction: November 2015 – March 2016
A site visit is scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday, July 17, 2014; meet at Rundel Library Hacker Hall, 115 South Avenue.
The consultant shall provide Architectural and Engineering design services for Phase 2- Rejuvenate Rundel and Phase 3- Transform Teen Central, as described in the background and in the attached reports.
The project shall require complete Architectural and Engineering design services including: Program Verification, Schematic Design, Design Development, Contract Document, Bidding Phase and Construction Administration Phase Services.
The project also requires Hazardous Material Abatement Design and Management. The proposal shall include two (2) separate fee schedules for Bidding Phase and Construction Administration Phase Services: one as a combined and jointly bid project for Phases 2 and 3, and one for separate bids, with bids approximately 6 to 9 months apart. The determination for separation of bids is dependent on outcomes of a capital fundraising campaign by the Friends and Foundation of the RPL, as well as estimates of probable cost from the consultant. The City and RPL may choose to recommend services as combined phase work, or may opt to amend the agreement with the consultant for Phase 3 Bid and Construction phase work as Phase 2 construction is underway. Furniture Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) shall be included in the consultants scope of work for Phase 2 only. Phase 3 FF&E will be designed and administered by the Rochester Public Library Foundation.
Proposal Due Date
Four copies of the proposal are to be submitted no later than 2 p.m. on Friday, July 25, 2014 to:
Vincenzo Giordano, R.A.,
Managing Architect City of Rochester,
Department of Environmental Services
Division of Architectural Services
414 Andrews Street Rochester, New York 14604
Questions regarding the Request for Proposal may be directed to Vincenzo Giordano, Managing Architect at 585-428-7357.