What is PCIC?
PCIC, which stands for Police Citizen Interaction Committee, are monthly meetings, or in the case of the Chief’s PCIC, bi-monthly meetings. Each section captain convenes the meeting, which is attended by section staff and representatives from the various neighborhoods groups within the section. Topics of discussion may include crime patterns, quality of life issues, environmental concerns, problem locations, or crime statistics. The meetings are intended to be interactive, where everyone participates in open dialogue. In the case of the Chief’s PCIC, where representatives from neighborhood groups throughout the city are invited, the format is similar, however information on departmental projects are often introduced and updated with the expectation of the neighborhood group members taking the information back to their respective organizations.
When and Where are the Meetings?
- The Chief's PCIC is held every third Wednesday of each odd month (January, March, May, July, September, November) at 5:30 p.m. at the Public Safety Building Auditorium at 185 Exchange Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14614.
- The Central Section PCIC is held every third Wednesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. at the Central Section Office located at 30 North Clinton Avenue, Rochester NY 14604.
- The Clinton Section PCIC is held every second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the Northeast Quadrant Neighborhood Service Center located at 500 Norton Street, Rochester, NY 14621.
- The Genesee Section PCIC is held every second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Staybridge Suites Hotel Rochester University located at 1000 Genesee Street Rochester, New York 14611.
- The Goodman Section PCIC is held every second Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the Southeast Quadrant Neighborhood Service Center located within the Village Gate at 320 N Goodman Street - Suite 209, Rochester, NY 14607.
- The Lake Section PCIC is held every third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Aquinas Institute located at 1127 Dewey Avenue, Rochester, NY 14613.