200 West Avenue 14611(West Ave. and Ames St.)
View a map
Use the Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority's Google Trip Planner to get a bus to 200 West Ave.
Monday through Sunday
April 1- November 15 (5 am - 11 pm)
November 16- March 31 (7 am - 10 pm)
- Tables and chairs to seat 150
- Maximum occupancy is 150 persons
- Kitchen with oven, stove, refrigerator, and microwave
- Floor fans
- Any other equipment use must be explicitly approved by the Director of the Danforth Community Center
Between 9 am and 9 pm:
- $350 (and a non-refundable $10 processing fee) for up to 4 hours
- $675 (and a non-refundable $10 processing fee) for a permit between 4 and 8 hours
- $80 per hour for each hour after initial 8 hours
Before 9 am or after 9 pm:
Full payment and a non-refundable $15 processing fee are due at the time of application
All fees must be paid to reserve the auditorium
1. Before a permit is issued, the applicant must set up an appointment with an employee at Danforth Community Center. Call (585) 428-6746 to take a walk-through tour of the facility. At that time, the employee will explain what can and cannot be used and review the permit procedures with you.
2. After the meeting and walk-through tour, you may submit an application to the Permit Office along with payment in full and the walk-through form signed by yourself and an employee of Danforth.
3. Closing hours are 10 p.m. November 16 - March 31, and 11 p.m. April 1 - November 15 per the Municipal Parks Code.
4. Please include any additional setup time requests on your application. Ten business days notice must be given for any changes or cancellations. Changes must be in writing, and a $10 change fee applies to any change made to the original permit application. Cancellations will have an additional $10 cancellation fee. You cannot extend the time of your permit once you get to the facility.
5. Activities must be limited to those listed on the face of the permit. Permits for dances or concerts are not issued to outside individuals or organizations.
6. The hours designated as setup time must be limited to those purposes.
7. All ticket sales must be performed in advance. Ticketed events are limited to not-for-profit, charitable events. Ticket sales may not exceed 150. One or more letters of recommendation and/or written references may be required by the Bureau of Recreation and Youth Services. No monies may be collected on Recreation property without additional specific written authorization.
8. Cleanup must be finished and all persons associated with the permit must be out of the facility by the time specified on the permit. Set aside adequate time to clean up.
9. The facility must be left in the same condition as it was found.
10. When authorized, alcohol must be limited to wine and/or beer only. Sales are prohibited. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to ensure that no one under the age of 21 consumes alcohol.
11. Smoking is not allowed in any City facility.
12. You may need to provide security for your event at the discretion of the City of Rochester. In addition to a licensed security agency, a specific security plan must be provided to the City. Furthermore, the City of Rochester has the right to approve or disapprove both the agency and the security plan. Armed security will not be approved.
13. The Bureau of Recreation and Youth Services reserves the right to terminate any permit at any time due to a violation of these rules. Termination of a permit due to a violation will result in, but will not be limited to, forfeiture of any permit fees and your security deposit.
14. The application form is only a request. The permit itself will specifically state what you are approved for. If you were denied a request and you think it was a mistake, please consult the Permit Office immediately. Do not wait until the day of your event to bring this to our attention. On site staff are required to enforce the conditions of the permit.