12th Annual Jazz Fest Will Take Place June 21-29, 2013
The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival is one of the largest and most exciting attractions of the summer. To ensure that everyone from all walks of life were able to enjoy it, the City of Rochester had once again focused its support for the Jazz festival on bringing three free stages to Rochester's East End along with plenty of talent. Gibbs Street and part of Main Street will again bec closed to vehicle traffic and transformed into "Jazz Street," complete with a free stage and a two-story vending tent.
The City sponsors free stages at East Avenue and Chestnut Street and at East Avenue and Alexander Street.
Full Schedule of Performers, Tickets, Vendors, and More!
To learn all of the details on this year's Jazz Fest, head to www.rochesterjazz.com
Major Street Closures
Several Downtown streets are closed to accommodate the Jazz Festival and subsequent cleanup. The street closure schedule is:
- Gibbs Street (AKA Jazz Street) from East Avenue to East Main Street:
- Midnight on Monday, June 17 to midnight July 1
- Chestnut Street from East Main Street to East Avenue:
- 6 a.m. June 21 to 2 a.m. June 23.
- 6 a.m. June 28 to 2 a.m. June 30.
- East Avenue from East Main Street to Scio Street; and Chestnut Street from Broad Street to East Avenue:
- 5 p.m. to midnight Friday, June 21.
- 5 p.m. to midnight Saturday, June 22.
- 5 p.m. to midnight, Friday June 28.
- 5 p.m. to midnight Saturday, June 29.
- East Avenue from Prince Street to Alexander Street:
- 6 a.m. Saturday, June 29 to 2 a.m. Sunday, June 30.
- East Avenue from Alexander Street to Union Street and Alexander Street from Charlotte Street to Park Avenue:
- 5 p.m. to midnight Saturday June 29
- Main Street from Gibbs Street to Chestnut St but not to include Gibbs Street or Chestnut Street.
- 5 p.m. to midnight Friday, June 21 to Saturday, June 29.
- Main St. Detour Routes (signs will be posted):
From the east traveling west, traffic will be diverted right on University Avenue to Chestnut Street, left on Chestnut back to Main Street. Local traffic will be allowed to Gibbs St.
From the west traveling east traffic will be diverted left on Chestnut Street, right on University Avenue back to Main Street.
Parking and Shuttle Service
The Jazz Fest is held in downtown Rochester's East End Cultural district. All venues are within walking distance of each other so park once and walk to everything! The Festival does not operate any parking but there are many surface lots and ramp parking garages conveniently located near festival venues. Fees vary on surface lots and garages. Please note, many side streets will be closed off so on-street parking will be limited.
This year, to help alleviate traffic congestion around the festival area and get people from area garages to venues, the festival will offer a free shuttle!
- Download the shuttle map.
- The garages below are located close to shuttle stops:
- East End Garage, 475 Main St. East, Rochester, NY 14604. (585) 325-7860 Use Scio Street entrance.
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14607. (585) 232-3810
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh St., Rochester, NY 14614, closest to Rochester Plaza Hotel for Jam Sessions.
- See the parking garage page for extra info.
Jazz at the Library - the Jazz Starts Here
The Rochester Public Library also hosts a series of noontime concerts, called The Jazz Starts Here, at the Central Library, 115 South Ave. The concerts run daily from Monday, June 24 through Friday, June 28.
If you have more questions about The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival, find festival contact information on the festival's main pages.