100 Norris Drive 14610
Lake Riley Lodge is located near the entrance of Cobb's Hill Park, at the corner of Culver Road and Norris Drive
Use the Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority's Google Trip Planner to get a bus to this location
Cobb's Hill Park Hours:
Monday through Sunday
April 1 through November 15 (5 am – 11 pm)
November 15 through March 30 (7 am – 10 pm)
Lodge Rental Times and Fees
Between 9 am and 9 pm:
- $350 per day (Holidays: $450 per day)
Before 9 am or after 9 pm:
Full payment and a non-refundable $15 processing fee are due at the time of application
Effective January 5, 2015 Permits payments must be made with; credit card, money order or check - cash will not be accepted.
Call (585) 428-6770 to check availability.
Download a Facility Use Permit Application
Occupancy: Maximum of 125
(Please provide a seating chart or floor plan with your application or at least 2 weeks before your event; otherwise standard set-up will be done)
Alcohol consumption, when requested and approved, is only permitted inside the facilities. Alcohol must be limited to wine and/or beer only. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to ensure that no one under the age of 21 consumes alcohol. Smoking is not allowed in any City facility.
Permit changes including cancellations and refunds: Applicant or permit holder requesting any changes to the permit, will be required to fill out a Permit Change Form at 400 Dewey Avenue, and a $10 processing fee; cancellations will have an additional $10 cancellation fee.
Note: Changes to an existing permit will require at least ten (10) business days in advance of the permitted date. Cancellations and Refunds will be processed in accordance with the Cancellation Policy.
- 8’ Rectangular Tables (6)
- 6’ Round Tables (15)
- 3’ Round Tables (2)
- Chairs (125)
- Refrigerator & Freezer
- Fireplace (gas fuel/working)
- Telephone (for emergencies only)
Heat & air conditioning
*The stoves provided are not in compliance with the standards of a commercial appliance; therefore, no preparation or cooking is allowed at the facility. You may use the oven and stove to keep food warm to maintain the temperature of food brought in. All food preparation and cooking must be done off site prior to event.
- This facility is scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Once application and payment are received, your application will be reviewed. Reservation of date and time is confirmed through the issuance of a permit.
- Activities are to be limited to those listed on the face of the permit. Permits for dances are not issued to outside individuals or organizations.
- The lodge will not be opened earlier than 10 minutes prior to the time designated on the permit. Additional time for set up and/or take down must be included in the hours requested. In addition, if you decide you will leave earlier than planned, please allow at least 20 minutes for City staff to arrive for closing. Do not leave the building unattended.
- Permit holder must arrive at the Lake Riley Lodge at the time designated on the permit. A staff person will only be on-site to open and close the building. You will not be issued a key.
- Absolutely no swimming or ice skating at Lake Riley.
- No adult entertainment allowed.
- No amplified music; the permit holder must adhere to the City’s Noise Ordinance.
- Do not use tacks, nails, screws, or scotch tape on the walls, tables, etc for decorations or signs. Masking tape and 3M Self Stick Hooks are permissible. No decorations are allowed which would damage or discolor the facility or grounds. Any special decorations, activities, or amenities must have written approval of the Bureau of Recreation.
- Permit holder is responsible for clean up of area after use. Refrigerator must be emptied. Oven must be wiped as clean as possible. Counters and tables must be protected by a hard surface (cutting board) when used for cutting.
- Folding tables and chairs are for indoor use only.
- Garbage must be put in trash bags and deposited in barrels in the parking lot. Do not leave any trash in the building.
- Prior approval required with Recreation Staff for any type of Play Apparatus and tent requests at the facility. For example: Bounce House, Spacewalk, 20’ x 20’ tents, etc.
- Any violation of these rules or permit conditions will result in immediate termination of the permit, loss of permit fees, and may result in prohibition of permittee from application for future permits for the Bureau of Recreation facilities.
Additional Park Rules & Regulations