The Rochester/Monroe County 911 center is different from other agencies because not only do we answer emergency calls, but we also answer certain non-emergency police, fire and EMS related calls.
Some non-emergency calls we take are listed below:
- Citizen needs to contact a police officer regarding an ongoing investigation
- Citizen has concerns regarding street plowing
- Parking problems
- Barking or annoying dogs
- Police reports (i.e.: violation of order of protection, telephone harassment among others):
- In the city of Rochester, a call is considered a report if the event occurred 5 minutes or more prior to the 911 call and if any suspects have left the scene.
- In all other towns of Monroe County a call is a report if the event occurred 15 minutes or more before the call.
If you live in the City of Rochester, you may call 3-1-1 for the non emergencies listed above. If you are not sure which number to call, always call 9-1-1 and we will refer you to the appropirate service. Additionally 3-1-1 provides information about services that the City of Rochester offeres to its community. Click the link on the right to find out more about 3-1-1!