Legislation is received from the Mayor OR Legislation is received from Councilmembers
- Council President assigns legislation to a Council Committee:
- Committees recommend legislation for adoption, consideration, or rejection by the entire Council.
- Public Hearing may be held on certain pieces of legislation as required by law (e.g., zoning changes).
- Council may approve, amend, reject, or send legislation back to committee.
- Mayor signs bill or vetoes it. If vetoed, item is sent back to Council for possible override.
- City Clerk certifies the legislation and publishes it in the PROCEEDINGS OF COUNCIL.
Click here to view City Council Agendas, Meeting Minutes and Proceedings online.