The Inner Loop between East Main Street and and Monroe Avenue /Chestnut Street is closed permanently as construction on the Inner Loop East Transformation Project takes place. The Project is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2017
- Traffic on the north end of the Inner Loop must exit at Scio Street or East Main Street.
- Vehicles at the south end of the Inner Loop must exit at Monroe Avenue
- The on and off ramps to I-490 at Monroe Avenue and Chestnut Street will remain open.
- Access to all local streets adjoining the project area will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
East Avenue Bridge Closure
Beginning March 14, 2016 East Avenue will be closed between Union Street and Pitkin St while the bridge over the former Inner Loop site is removed and replaced with an at-grade road.
- Pedestrians will be detoured on Broad Street south of the closure, where a temporary sidewalk will be installed.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured to Broad Street
- Eastbound Traffic will be deteroured to Charlotte Street
Monroe Avenue Bridge Removal
The Monroe Avehue bridge will eventually be removed and replaced with an at-grade street. That work will be scheduled after East Avenue is returned to an at-grade street and is open to traffic.