Committee meetings are held in Council Chambers, City Hall, 30 Church Street.
City Council committees generally meet on the Thursday prior to the monthly City Council meeting. The primary function of these committees is to review all proposed legislation and to recommend adoption, consideration, or rejection by the entire Council, either as written or with amendments.
The committees meet one after the other in the following order:
- Finance (Carolee Conklin - chair) - 4:00 p.m.
- Business & Economic Development (Dana Miller - chair) 4:05 p.m.
- Neighborhood & Community Development (Jacklyn Ortiz - chair) - 4:10 p.m.
- Parks & Public Works (Matt Haag - chair) - 4:20 p.m.
- Public Safety, Youth & Recreation (Adam McFadden - chair) - 4:40 p.m.
Public Hearings - 5:00 p.m.
For more information about the six standing committees please visit the City Council Committees' page.