Bureau of Planning & Zoning
City Hall - Room 125B
Rochester, New York 14614
Tel: (585) 428-6824
Welcome to the City of Rochester's Planning division webpage! We are proud to be carrying on the long and distinguished history of urban planning in the City of Rochester. The Planning Division is responsible for monitoring physical, social and economic factors relevant to the well being of the City, including analysis of various trends, production of maps, charts, and other illustrative graphics, as well as providing technical expertise and consultant services to City departments and community organizations for planning related projects and topics.
In addition, the Planning Division develops long range plans and implementation programs for both specific geographic areas, as well as the City as a whole. The division also coordinates the City's various planning programs with the Mayor's Office, City Council, City Departments and other agencies including the Genesee-Fingerlakes Regional Planning Council (GFLRPC), Monroe County Department of Planning and Development, and the Genesee Transportation Council (GTC).
The following functions are provided:
- Comprehensive Planning and updates, such as for the Center City and waterfront areas
- Neighborhood Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Community Planning Assistance - Neighborhood support and community organization support services.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping / Data Analysis
- Census Data Information / Analysis
- Strategic Plan Development
- Graphic Illustrations / Renderings
Current Planning Division Initiatives
Past City Planning Efforts