Cool Sweep presented by RG&E is the City’s annual public safety and customer service program to help city residents who have limited opportunities to find relief from summer heat. Cool Sweep kicks off once schools let out for summer recess. A Cool Sweep operation is triggered when the forecast calls for a day to reach 85 degrees.
Cool Sweep hours are normally from noon to 4 p.m. The operation employs the use of a cooling spray from fire hydrants and extended hours at the Genesee Valley Park Pool and Durand Eastman Beach.
*Note that Cool Sweep is scheduled for Tuesday, August 26. Due to the temporary closure of all City Recreation and Community Centers this week, only the following Cool Sweep locations will be in operation:
Hydrant Locations (noon to 4 p.m.)
- School No. 22 parking lot, 27 Zimbrich St.;
- School No. 41 parking lot, 279 W. Ridge Rd.;
- Roxie A. Sinkler Recreation Center, 75 Grover St.;
- Baden Park gateway, Vienna Street
- Durand Eastman Beach, Lakeshore Boulevard, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Genesee Valley Park Pool, 131 Elmwood Ave., noon to 9 p.m.