We are frequently contacted by citizens who love their pets but who may be struggling with financial means to provide for their companions or others who may need access to resources or services to address behavioral concerns. Please refer to the following list of local and national resources in your search for financial assistance or supportive services that promote retention of pets by owners.
Although the City of Rochester does not provide any direct financial assistance for veterinary expenses or pet care, we are able to provide limited food assistance and other supplies, as donations allow. For more information, contact AnimalServices@cityofrochester.gov or at (585) 428-7274.
PET BEHAVIORAL ASSISTANCE
AFFORDABLE VETERINARY CARE
LOCAL SOURCES OF FINANICAL AID FOR LIFE SAVING TREATMENT
- Rochester Hope for Pets
A core piece of their mission is to provide grants toward veterinary care to pet owners during times of financial need, with a focus on emergency and critical care. To be considered for an award, pet owners must complete an application and have an official estimate provided by a veterinarian. Payments are made directly to the veterinary care provider.
(585) 271-2733 x89
- ALL 4 PETS WNY Their Mission is to provide a one-time grant of money to pay for medical care for pets whose caring, responsible owners are not able to pay for the care that will bring their pet back to health due to low income, personal crisis or disaster. Payments will be made directly to the medical care provider.
- In Memory of Magic (IMOM) is dedicated to insuring that no companion is to be euthanized simply because their caretaker is financially challenged.
- RedRover Relief provides financial assistance grants and additional resources so pet owners and rescuers can care for animals who need urgent veterinary care. Visit www.redrover.org/grants for eligibility requirements and application. RedRover also offers financial assistance for victims of domestic violence and their pets. To learn more about this program, visit www.redrover.org/domestic.
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Programs provides financial assistance for emergency medical care for cats.
- Care Credit is a credit card company for health care, including veterinary care.
- The Pet Fund is a nonprofit association that provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need urgent veterinary care.
PET HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES
OTHER ASSISTANCE FOR PET OWNERS
- PAWS (Providing Animal Welfare Services)
1105 Ridgeway Avenue, Rochester, NY 14615